The latest railway innovations play a big role at Freight & Terminal Forum and RailTech Europe, the event that was organised concurrently with the Freight & Terminal Forum. There was an Innovation Award-ceremony during the dinner on Freight & Terminal Forum on 26 March 2019.
RailFreight Innovation Awards
Best innovative product or service in the rail freight sector.
Next to the RailFreight Innovation Award, six more Innovation Awards were announced:
- RailTech Innovation Awards: best innovative product or service. This awards will be awarded in four different categories:
- Infrastructure Innovation Award
- Rolling Stock Innovation Award
- IT Innovation Award
- Public Transport Innovation Award
- RailFreight Innovation Award: best innovative product or service in rail freight sector
- Start-up Award: young company with the latest and most innovative development, product or service
- Industry choice award: best innovative product or service that is chosen by the industry. This is an overall award that contains all categories.
2. SBB Cargo AG
|Category: Public Transport
2. London North Eastern Railway
3. EPFL Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
|Category: Rolling stock
1. Nijhuis Engineering Dronten B.V.
2. Global Railway Engineering Pty Ltd
3. Rail Service Net
|Category: Start up
1. Castlab/Melis Gieterijen Tilburg
2. DB Coating
|Category: IT Innovation
1. CP – Comboios de Portugal E.P.E. – Portuguese Railways
3. Luleå University of Technology /Luleå Railway Research Center
1. University of Zagreb Faculty of Civil Engineering
Vote now for the RailTech Innovations Public Award!
The jury has already selected 15 nominees for the Public RailTech Innovation Award.
Rail Awards Dinner
The RailTech Europe 2019 Awards ceremony took place during the RailTech Awards-dinner on 26 March 2019 at the Nicolaïkerk in Utrecht. Access to the RailTech Awards dinner was included with a RailTech Europe 2019 Conference ticket or by invitation. Dresscode: Business attire
- 19:00: Church doors open
- 19:05: Welcome drinks
- 19:30: Opening of the evening
- 20:15: Innovation Award Ceremony part 1
- 21:00: Innovation Awards Ceremony part 2
- 22:30: Live music DJ & saxophonist.
- 23:00: End of the programme
Nicolaaskerkhof 8, 3512 XC Utrecht
The jury consisted of professionals as well as academics with expert knowledge of the railway industry. This jury evaluated the entries and announced the nominations.
- Dr. Erwin Abbink, Managing Consultant Innovation (Netherlands Railways NS)
- Prof. dr. ir. Rolf Dollevoet (Technical University Delft)
- Carel Robbeson, Board member (Railforum)
- Chris Verstegen, Manager Innovation (Dutch Infrastructure Manager ProRail)
- Dr. Matthias Landgraf (Technical University of Graz)
- Hans Willem Vroon, Director (Railgood)
- Dr. ir. Niels van Oort, Assistant Professor Public Transport (Technical University Delft)
- Cor G.A. Hoenders, Director (Rail Cargo Information Netherlands)