Site tour to the state-of-the-art EWG Terminal
Please note: the event is finished.
The new, state-of-the-art East West Gate Terminal in Fényestlitke is now operational and the first trains are running. The EWG Terminal is the meeting point of the wide-gauge and the European narrow- gauge railways. As the western gateway to the New Silk Road, it offers a faster alternative route to Central and Southeast Europe for freight traffic from Asia compared to the route via Poland. The terminal makes use 5G networks, remote crane operation, virtual simulation and other modern logistics advancements.
On the first day of RailFreight on Tour Hungary, we visited the East West Gate Terminal. Delegates got a tour around the terminal, learned more about the building and the current operation, listened to speeches of expert speakers ánd enjoyed a special networking dinner.
Please find the programme below:
- 12:00 – 14:00: Travel to Fényeslitke
- 14:00 – 15:00: Arrival Terminal + Welcome drinks + Speeches/Presentation
- 15:00 – 16:15: Bus tour and walk at the Terminal + VTG technical demos, mini-exhibitions
- 16:15- 17:00: Roundtable – Impacts of the Ukraine/Russia conflict on rail freight, border logistics, expectations
- 17:00 – 19:00: Networking dinner
- 19:30 – 21:00: Transfer back to conference hotel, Debrecen
We visited the terminal earlier and had a sneak preview. Watch the recap of our visit below: