Member of the board of directors of the Cabooter group Venlo & Chairman of SMART Logistic Centre Venlo
What is rail terminal experience? – The sum of all the mistakes we made building them!
Having a terminal can be rewarding. But it is also complex to manage. Trains tend to not always travel on time. Railcargo has seldom priority over passenger trains, in fact I don’t recall knowing one example.
This freight and terminal forum offers you the opportunity to educate yourself better, to network with industry experts and to sharpen your mind on freight and terminal matters. Investing in, or exploiting a rail terminal is a complex matter. And once you have your terminal you need to make sure it runs profitable. Since rail isn’t an industry in where prices are increased year after year, the challenge is to know your costs, manage them by optimizing processes. That never stops.
Peter Pardoel (60) is member of the board of directors of the Cabooter group Venlo & Chairman of SMART Logistic Centre Venlo. Peter studied Chemical Engineering and has a Master in Business Administration and in Finance. In short:
- Operational Excellence
- Tender Trade Port Nord Rail Terminal
- Acquisition Rail Terminal Kaldenkirchen
- Acquisition DSV warehouses KK
- Developing a Barge terminal steel service center
- Cargo Beamer development Rail terminal
- Rail business development from 20 to 80 trains/week
- Strategic cooperation ECT/EGS
- Strategic cooperation APM – Maersk
- Setup/implementation structure Cabooter Group Venlo
- Port of Baku representative office
- Intercontinental train Istanbul-Baku-China
- Consultancy @ DP World Antwerp East
- Consultancy @ DP World Germersheim
- Port of Baku Azerbaijan development new rail terminal Intermodal
- Advisor for the development of a rail terminal on site at VDL Nedcar Born