The European Silk Road Summit 2019
Building the business case in Europe
Rail traffic between Europe and China has rapidly gained popularity in recent years. What started as a single connection on the New Silk Road is now an extensive network with connections such as the Middle Corridor and the multimodal route via Kaliningrad. This offers benefits for Europe; products subjected to sanctions find their way to China, and the ports are taking position.
Do you want to know more about the possibilities anno 2019? Are you curious about the multimodal connections, paperless transport, conditioned transport or pre-customs clearing? Join us in Venlo on the 26th and 27th of November, where trains from the Netherlands are taking the route via Azerbaijan for the first time.
The conference The New Silk Road offers all aspects relevant for transport and logistics providers. The following topics will be discussed:
- Routes, volumes and capacity
- European and Chinese hubs
- Chinese investments and ambitions
- New connections West-Europe
- The Middle Corridor
- Obstacles and challenges
- Temperature-controlled transport
- Shippers on stage
- Logistics solutions
Why you should attend the European Silk Road Summit?
- Despite criticism and reluctance in Europe, the possibilities of rail traffic to and from China are still increasing every day.
- There are some serious hurdles facing the European industry, but these have given rise to viable alternatives. The Middle Corridor is an example, with Venlo taking the lead.
- Multimodal routes are gaining popularity, despite the belief that they are too complicated. For example, the route through Kaliningrad is doing well, with a relatively young connection to the port of Rotterdam.
- Do you want to hear the honest, raw story on the New Silk Road? Every year we find shippers keen to share their story. These stories give you a true insight.
- This year we see more Chinese companies and institutions on the programme. This also means more knowledge on the policies, investments, local cargo handling etc.
- Have you always wanted to see the trains depart to China or beyond? Or wonder through the warehouses stored with traded products? The site visits bring you there. Do not miss it!
Around 250 logistics specialists will attend this conference. You will meet logistics providers, operators, shippers, forwarders, from the Netherlands and other countries involved. You will gain knowledge about the latest developments, understand the routes and connections and know how to take the business opportunities currently.
The main language of the conference is English, but there will be a translation service in Dutch provided.
Platinum event sponsors
Silver event sponsors
Bronze event sponsors