Freight & Terminal Conference – Increasing Efficiency
Date: 28 March 2018
The call for papers for the Freight and Terminal Conference – Increasing Efficiency has been opened. Would you like to share your knowledge about different ways to increase efficiency in terminals, in the event of the Brexit or in general? The deadline to submit the abstract of your presentation is 23 November 2018. You can submit your abstract by filling in the form below.
Efficiency in terminals is always an aim for the development of rail transport. In the run up to the Brexit, efficient terminals are paramount to a smooth transition. Innovations, new insights and other developments are discussed.
Topics for the Freight and Terminal Conference – Increasing Efficiency are the following:
- Terminal location: how should terminals be distributed over a given territory? What is the ideal sea port/inland terminal ratio?
- Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA): projects, initiatives and ideas to improve reliability of rail
- Terminal Equipment: products on the market today that help improve efficiency of terminals
- Process Automation: the latest technologies and concepts on terminals today
The abstract should contain:
- a maximum of 250 words
- possible dangers for the railway sector
- relevance for the railway sector
- technical systems/components
- examples in the field/case studies
- legal framework
Submit your paper
To apply as a speaker for this conference, we kindly ask you to fill in the form below. The topic should apply to the international rail freight industry. The deadline to submit your abstract is 23 November.